Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Mama and Madeline - Mother's Day Tea
Madeline was so proud that she was being a big girl and serving Mama
Happy Mother's Day out the to all the moms, expecting moms and "moms in waiting".  I just wanted to share a couple pictures from Friday.  Madeline's school had a Mother's Day tea.  The moms were invited into the classroom for part of the day.  Upon arrival the moms were able to spend some one-on-one time with their kids in the classroom by playing a game together or reading a book together.  Madeline is one to always wear her emotions (especially excitement) on her sleeve.  Madeline was bubbling over with excitement to have me in school with her.  Once everyone arrived, we all took a seat.  The kids were called up table by table to get the goodies for their moms.  Madeline was so proud to be able to serve me my tea, muffin and fruit.  The kids were then able to go back up and get themselves what they wanted to eat.  Finally, the children presented their moms with gifts that they made.  Madeline could hardly contain her excitement when giving me the gifts.  Her handmade card had a drawn picture of me, Madeline and Sobaka on the front.  I also received a nice scrolled copy of a poem that the class made about moms and also a handmade picture frame that included a beautiful smiley picture of Madeline.  I enjoyed being invited to share part of Madeline's day with her and Madeline LOVED having me with her in school....so much so, that she didn't want me to leave.  She actually cried when it was time for the mommies to go.  Thank you, Maddie for a great Mother's Day celebration.

So proud of the beautiful gifts she was showering on Mama
As for today, Sunday, I am getting ready to have my breakfast that Madeline and David are preparing for me - a toasted bagel with cream cheese, fresh strawberries, OJ and coffee.  Shortly afterward we are hitting the road to Beavercreek, Ohio to see my sister.  I look forward to having a laid back day with David and Madeline and enjoying the Mother's Day evening with my sister and her family.  From my sister's David and I are leaving Madeline and Sobaka for a "last chance" get away (just the two of us) before the travel restrictions set in prior to the baby's arrival.  I don't plan on bringing my computer so I will leave you in suspense on our get-away details until we arrive home.

No comments: