Thursday, January 14, 2010

And The Oscar Goes To....

Oscar, Grammy, Tony, People's Choice.....you name it! Madeline is destined to be in show business. First, she is all about the costumes and make-up. In this photo (top) Madeline created an ensemble made from a purple flapper costume (courtesy of Aunt Margaret), a plastic rhinestone-like belt, beaded necklace and a purple boa. The pose, by the way, is also staged. As soon as she knew I was taking her picture she wanted to strike a pose....and this is what she came up with. Finally, the photo on top was taken in my living room...aka the dance studio. The cream rug is Madeline's dance floor.

Moving from the living room to the family room, Madeline will glide along the ceramic tile, or shall I say "ice". She is sometimes a figure skater but she could be pretending to be a hockey player. As a side note, yesterday David was teaching Madeline how to play hockey with a yard stick and mini-Sleeping Beauty godmother figurines used as pucks.

The bottom photo was taken in my family room....on what Madeline *thinks* is her stage. The outfit she is wearing - well, I have no explanation for that one! Although I love the fake pink braid that she put in her hair while accessorizing it with a plastic fireman's hat. (At least I know Madeline will be all set if the Village People audition a new member) The little head that is sitting to Madeline's left on the "stage" is a Hannah Montana make-over head which by the way plays one Hannah Montana song (which I can't even make out the lyrics to). Madeline *loves* this and the music is continually played throughout the day and used for Madeline's stage music (Thanks again, Margaret). Madeline has created this new dance where she points to her "audience", points and shakes her finger while shaking her butt. WHERE does she get this stuff from??

And aside from Madeline's flamboyance with dance, her drama is unbelievable! Today before dinner, David and Madeline were playing train while I was finishing up with getting dinner on the table. Madeline would hold on to David's back pocket but would occasionally let go and the "train" would break. One time Madeline started crying because the wheel (her foot) on her train broke. Her crying sounded so real that both David and I stopped what we were doing because we thought she was hurt. Soon we realized that she was still playing make-believe but her act was certainly believable. What scares me is that this isn't the first time this happened. Madeline can *really* play a part with emotion!

My only request, dear daughter, is can I *please* walk the red carpet with you?

2 comments:

Marty said...

How does David deal with two drama queens?

Seriously, Madeline is a joy. And so are you, Amy...

Sam said...

Does Madeline's cowgirl outfit fit her or is it too big. I know the outfit and boots were a little on the big side when I bought them. Once she is able to wear it I would love to see a picture of her in it (so would Uncle Jon).