Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wedding Re-Do (photo, that is)

I got hold of a better wedding picture! It is much clearer than the cell phone pic I snapped at the reception. Here is a picture of the bride, my cousin Malina, with her dad, my Uncle Tom (my dad's brother) Like I said....beautiful bride!

Two things, however.... (A) My Uncle Tom, who is....I wanna say 16 years (?) my dad's junior is looking more and more like my dad did. At times the resemblance is uncanny. Regardless, as my Aunt Sue (his sister) pointed out, Uncle Tom was dancing as though he was 18 at the wedding....so fun!!

And (B), like my mom always used to say, "Why is everyone else getting old while I am staying the same"? Despite the fact that I'll be turning the BIG 4-0 this month, it feels like yesterday that David and I got married (it was actually 12 years ago!) and were going to the weddings of all our peers. I am not exactly sure how old Malina is, mid-20's?? Yep, I guess time has passed. Yet, I feel no different. The only "slap in the face" regarding my age was the fact that I was teaching the "young ens" the Electric Slide on the dance floor. Not because I was the "hip one" that knew all the new dance moves (which used to be the case) but rather because the young crowd was too young to know how to do the Electric Slide.....OUCH! Oh yeah.....not to mention that my cousin Luke (28) referred to a Michael Jackson song as "a song from *your* generation". But, hey, I think I am up to date now...I already knew all about the ChaCha Slide and I held my own learning the Cupid Shuffle (yeah, okay, the song is 3 years old but I don't get out as often as I used to!!)

When I was in my 20's I was the girl out on the dance floor having a good time. NOW, I'm the crazy old lady (that mustn't get out much) on the dance floor. Regardless, I love to dance! I love to have a good time! Like my mom used to say, "Life is not a dress rehearsal"! So, I want to know, who caught the bouquet at Malina's wedding because I want to be a part of the next reception!!

No comments: