Monday, December 7, 2009

She's A Very Freaky Girl

Yep, you know the old '80's song, "Super Freak". That's my girl! She is just *too much* and the scary part is that I see so much of myself in her. The problem with that is that I will have some sleepless nights when Madeline gets older.....if she has anything to do with it she'll be a party girl - Heaven help me!

Today, Madeline and I stopped out for lunch at Wendy's. Wendy's must've been piping in an 80's station as the music was one 80's hit after another. Leave it to me, a child of the 80's, to be dancing in my seat. Madeline, of course, picks up on that and starts seat dancing too. Next, she gets out of her seat and starts wiggling her little butt next to our table. Too darn cute! So, I decide to take out my cell phone to video some of this. Of course Madeline, the ham that she is, really starts to put on a show because she knew I was taping her. Thank God my phone only records for 30 seconds. If I left it up to Madeline she probably would've hopped on the counter and put on a show for the entire restaurant. Like I said, Heaven help me! The only other thing I have to say is that this child better take me as her date when she walks the red carpet for an award in Hollywood!


What else is going on? First off, Madeline was given a choice tonight to either watch a little bit of a Santa movie before bed or watch a little bit of the hockey game. Can you believe she chose the hockey game?!??! Let's go Buffalo Sabres!

Also, Madeline can be such a heart melter! She obviously missed David very much while we were apart. She asked for a "Papa story" for the past two nights at bedtime....which she never does. (Let's just say that Papa isn't as imaginative or creative in his nighttime stories...just goes to show ya how much Maddie missed David) Yet, despite the Papa stories, Madeline called for Mama to come back upstairs to give her another hug and kiss. I had a hard time resisting that request so Madeline was showered with more Mama hugs and kisses. As I hugged her Madeline held on tight and told me, "I love you so much. I will dream about your soft hair." Awwwwwww!!!!

No comments: