Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter & Family Preparations

Things are a little busy here. After a girls' weekend away, it is time for me to buckle down and get ready for Easter. Easier said than done because I am convinced that I am an adult with Attention Deficit Disorder! Nonetheless, I attempt to prepare.

I need to be pretty much ready for things by 7pm on Thursday as I am having book club at my house that evening. As book club is wrapping up, my first of the troops will arrive - my sister Margaret, her hubby Mark and their 2 kids, Chris & Kate. At about midnight, my brother Paul will arrive. Late on Friday my niece Becky and her boyfriend Zac will be in town. All of the above mentioned will be staying at my house although they will depart in waves.

For Easter, I will have the group above but also my brother Marty & his wife, Vicky will be here, My Aunt Sue & Uncle Ron and then later Sunday evening, my Uncle Tom & Aunt Mary Grace and family will stop in for a visit. Things are going to be soooooo hectic here for the next week but I absolutely can't wait! It is going to be so much fun!

In preparation for the visitors, Madeline and I took a ride down to Buffalo's Broadway Market. This is a Easter must for Buffalonians, particularly if you are of Polish descent. This wasn't exactly the best use of time for me as I will be going again on Friday (definite MUST for out-of-towners at Easter time) However, I can tell you that the Market will be mobbed on Friday. It was nice to wander through earlier in the week while the crowds were pre-madness stage. Madeline had fun, as you can see from the photos. She saw the Easter bunny (oopppss...I misplaced that picture), got an Easter Egg painted on her face by a clown and of course Mama had to get Madeline posing as a butter lamb.

I am so looking forward spending time with family, Easter celebration and then, of course, Dyngus Day festivities. More to follow.....

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hey, so are you Polish? My great-grandparents came over from Poland. And my other great-grandparents from Scotland. Have a wonderful Easter with your family!

Amy said...

Yep, 100%...

My maternal grandparents came over from Poland and so did my paternal great-grandparents.

Happy Easter!