Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Preparations

Now that Thanksgiving is over, it is time to start thinking about Christmas. When I was younger we always put up our Christmas tree around the week before Christmas and took it down on Three Kings Day. As a kid, that period of time that included our Christmas vacation from school seemed to last forever. Now time goes so quickly. I want to get up our decorations as soon as possible to enjoy them for as long as possible. So tonight we started the process. This year we will actually have three Christmas trees. (1) a small table top one (only about 1 & 1/2 feet high) for Madeline's room, (2) a small one in our finished basement TV area and (3) the main Christmas tree in our Living Room. Now that we have a child, I put more effort into Christmas stuff as I figure that I am making Christmas memories. I haven't gone all out in cookie baking in years but I now feel I have to. (Last year I just made a little bit). I guess I now realize why I am starting in November. I will finally be ready on Christmas Eve......but I'll be saying, "What was I thinking?!?" on Three Kings Day when I have to pack this all away.

No comments: