Friday, November 7, 2008

True Russian Diva

Madeline had her three-year check-up today. She weighed in at 32 pounds and is 38.5 inches tall. What does that mean? Well, she is in the 84th percentile for height and the 66th percentile for weight and when you factor her height and weight together she is in the 32nd percentile for weight. Translation....she is tall and thin. Yes, a true Russian. (For those of you that don't know, the Russian women are nothing like the stereotypical "babuszka". They are all very tall and very thin. Where does the "diva" come in? Well, let me just say that Madeline was not on her best behavior today. It's pretty bad when you have to put her in a time-out in the doctor's office while the doctor is trying to talk to me. She continued her naughtiness when I tried to make a quick stop at AAA, and I just completely threw in the towel as she pitched a fit when I tried to put her in a shopping cart at the grocery store. At that point, we just went home and Madeline had to "rest in her room because her behavior was telling me that she was a very tired little girl." So many people have told me that the terrible-twos are nothing compared to 3. *sigh* Let's hope our plane trip tomorrow goes a little better than today.

No comments: