Saturday, November 8, 2008

Shhhhhhh!!!! Madeline is Sleeping!

We are off to Orlando today so I don't know if I will have time to post. Therefore, I set this up last night to post today - probably while I am mid-flight.

Madeline goes through phases of what she *has to* have with her for bed time.
Let's see, the list includes:
1) Baby dolls - one on each side of her (named Baby Owen after my friend Kelly's son )
2) George, a stuffed monkey, placed on her pillow above her head.
3)Her favorite blanket within reach
4)A Band-Aid around her finger (this was a fix to her finger sucking but now she wants that band-aid. Hey, I don't care as long as it continues to prevent the finger sucking)
5) Nuk - again, started while I had to try to break her of the finger sucking habit (she sucked them until she got a blister on one that was beginning to get infected)
6)Soft Music - We started this when we got home from Russia
7)Curtains must be closed after shade is drawn
And her LATEST ADDITION:
8) Her hippo book that she got from my friend Tammy's mom as part of my baby shower gift.

Madeline started this because every night as I put Madeline to bed, I tell her that Mama is going to go downstairs to read. If that is what Mama is doing, that is what Madeline wants to do. So each night Madeline asks for "Hippo Book" I snapped this picture of her sleeping and still holding on to her book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet!! I have a few pictures of the kids sleeping. It is amazing how peaceful they look, especially after a day like the one you had yesterday. Have a wonderful trip. We have been to Disney a few times. My favorite visit is the first one because even though the kids may not remember it, I so much enjoyed the wonder of it all through their eyes. Make sure you watch the parade and meet as many characters as you can. Watch her face. See her dance to the parade music. As they get older, the rides are more important to them.

Pam said...

Hi - It is Pam from Motley Mom's. I just found your comment on my article about adopting our son from Astrakhan a few weeks ago. It looks like you are in Orlando now, and we are very near there. Isn't it crazy how small our world really is. Anyway, I look forward to reading your blog and getting to know you and your family better!