Monday, November 3, 2008

Time Flies...Busy Days

As promised, I am posting a picture of my "Madeline Event Calendar". Everyday, Madeline wakes up and asks me a series of questions. The conversation goes something like this:

Maddie: In the pool?
MDF: No, not today.
Maddie: 'morrow?
MDF: No..
Maddie: Dance Shoes?
MDF: No, not today...

You get the picture. After today's exchange, and the realization that she was willing to fore go her birthday to jump ahead to seeing Cinderella's castle, I figured it was about time to put together the calendar for her to visualize our upcoming events. I made it out of a magnetic wipe off calendar and have little painted wooden pieces symbolizing various activities. Her "today" magnet is a little round mirror that she can see herself in with little jewels on top that make it look like a crown on her head. As you can see from this photo, we are quite busy this week. Tomorrow, Tuesday, is Madeline's birthday. Wednesday, the sun, represents a special occasion, this one being the last leg of our birthday overnight get-away. We will spend the day at the Children's Museum. Thursday is CRAZY with a picture sitting for Madeline's 3yr photos, swim class and her music group and Saturday's suitcase represents the departure for Orlando. This might work....as long as Madeline doesn't decide to do something like lift all the magnets and place them in the toaster.

Anyway, I am working on gathering magnets for other events/holidays. I have dance shoes for dance class, a bible/cross for church, a pumpkin for Halloween (a little late for this year), a turkey for Thanksgiving, a heart for Valentine's Day, a leprechaun for St. Patrick's day, a bunny for Easter, a school for when Madeline starts preschool,a Santa for Christmas, and a cabin for camping. I also need to get a mini picture of me and a mini picture of David. I would like to use these photos for when David or I travel. Madeline can then count the days until David or I get home. Thought I'd share.....thanks for the idea Tammy.

1 comment:

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

What a cute idea!

I will definitely keep it in mind!