Friday, February 27, 2009

Ups And Downs

Thanks everyone for all the calls, emails and Facebook wall messages. It is so nice to know that we have such a huge support group. Madeline has had ups and downs in her recovery today. This morning she ate lightly but for lunch she had a bit more so I figured that she was on her way to recovery. After lunch she was due for some Tylenol and I was going to give her some before her nap but Madeline ended up falling asleep on the couch. When she awoke she felt very warm and was complaining about being cold. I took her temperature and sure enough she had a fever of 102.5. Madeline had her ups and downs of how she felt and her energy level and I am sure it corresponded with when she was due for Tylenol and her temperature level. I spoke to her doctor and was told that a fever is somewhat expected. I just need to keep on a regular Tylenol schedule and keep her hydrated. All this came about in the afternoon so I am hoping that with a good night's rest Madeline will be closer to recovery.

The thing that made me laugh today was what was in the photo above. Madeline hung a little silver purse that her Aunt Carolyn gave her on the rocking horse that her great-Uncle Ron made her. The way she hung the purse, it looks like a feed bag. I guess she has seen Mama strap the feed bag on one too many times!

No comments: