Thursday, July 2, 2009

Belated Birthday Celebrations

Tracy and I are lifelong friends....literally. We were born only 6 days apart. Tracy lived around the corner from me in the house that sat between my grandparents' house and my aunt's house. We were baptized together and went to grade school together until 6th grade when Tracy moved from the neighborhood. Throughout the years we have kept in touch. In recent years, Tracy and I have started a summer tradition of treating ourselves to pedicures to celebrate our birthdays. Tonight we honored that tradition with our annual girls night out.

This year we tried a new spa. The spa was running a bit behind with their appointments because they had a bridal spa party going on that came in late. The spa felt bad about our wait and as a result gave our hands a paraffin wax dip (I think that's what it was called.) My hands are sooooo soft now. They also gave us free "nail art" on our pedicure. As you can see, I have a little extra design on my big toe (same on other foot too.) Not sure about my thoughts of the nail art.

After our pedicure we ventured out for a bite to eat. We headed out to a local pub that is noted for their burgers. This was the first time that Tracy or I were there so we weren't quite sure what to expect. The place was packed and we had to wait quite a while for a table so we decided to head to the bar for a drink. I ordered for the two of us AND.....more importantly, they PROOFED ME!!!!!......YIPPEE!!!!

Finally, our name was called for a table. Luckily, we were able to peek at the burgers on the other tables while we were waiting and realized we should just split a burger. These things were HUGE!! We split a burger and neither one of us was able to finish our halves. After dinner and more chit-chat we both waddled out of there.....each 10 pounds heavier, but at least our toes looked good!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Love burgers - where did you go?

Amy said...

Grovers on Transit.

I used to hear from Dave P all the time that they were the best. Never was there before. The place looks like a hole in the wall from the outside but not bad on the inside. This was my first time there and, yes, the burgers are pretty darn fantastic! Beware though, the burgers are about the size of my head!