Monday, September 14, 2009

Cinder-smell-a

Okay..."Anonymous" commented that yesterday's post was "too much information". Well.....this one is for you :-)

This evening, Madeline had gas.....pretty darn stinky toots and Madeline was quite proud of herself. Yes, my dear 3 year old daughter was beside herself with what her backside was producing. Eventually, bedtime came and it was time for Mama-Dirtyfoot to tell a bedtime story. Here is a recap of the story that had her laughing so hard that she was having a hard time catching her breath.....
Once upon a time there was a girl named.......
(At this point Madeline always says her name because that is usually how the stories start. When I shook my head no she continued to guess Madeline, Mama and Papa)

Once upon a time there was a girl named Cinderella.
One day, Cinderella was going to go to a ball. She got herself looking very pretty, put on her beautiful blue gown and went to the castle.

After arriving at the castle, Cinderella began dancing with the prince. All of a sudden the prince stopped dancing and asked Cinderella "What happened to your face?!?!?!"
"What do you mean?" asked Cinderella.
"Your face - it looks like this [show scrunched facial expression]"
Cinderella replied, "Ohhhhhh that......It is a long story, but this is what happened....."
Cinderella continued, "A long, long time ago, I used to be on the underwear of a little girl named Madeline. [Madeline has a couple pair of princess undies that have Disney princesses on the butt] On the underwear I would go everywhere Madeline went. When Madeline went to school, I was on her underwear. When Madeline went to bed, I was on her underwear. When Madeline went shopping with Mama, I was on her underwear. But, one day, Madeline tooted! The toot smelled so bad that I could no longer stay on her underwear. Even worse, the toot was so bad that I scrunched up my face so hard when I said P.U. that my face got stuck. Now, the only way my face will get better is if I fall in love with a prince."

As Cinderella told her story, she and the prince danced together and fell in love. Finally, Cinderella and the Backwards Prince [a reference to a story I told the other day about one of Madeline's prince figurine toys who's legs kept facing the wrong way] kissed. And, at last, Cinderella's face lost the P.U. look and the Backwards Prince no longer had his feet facing the wrong way. THE END.
Again, I can't stress how much this story had Madeline in stitches. The best part was when I came downstairs, sat on the couch, and after several minutes Madeline busted out laughing again. Yep, my daughter will end up having a PhD in bathroom humor.

No comments: