Monday, September 21, 2009

Crazy Uneventfulness

I've been a slacking blogger. Friday was just too uneventful to blog, Saturday was too busy and Sunday I felt like crap. I'll try to fill ya in....

Like I said, Friday was just plain old uneventful. On Saturday, Madeline started up with dance again. Her hour class is split into 30 minutes of ballet and 30 minutes of tap. It is amazing how much a couple months make a difference. Since she ended dance in June until now Madeline seemed to mature a bit more and was more focused in class than she was last year.

Saturday afternoon we were quite busy working around the house. After chemically treating the pool for the winter last weekend, we needed to start draining some of the water out and figure out what else we needed to do in order to close it up until summer. We also ended up draining, cleaning and refilling the hot tub. We were able to finish the hot tub but the pool draining process was taking much longer than we thought so we had to finish that the next day.......we had to get ready for date night!!!!

We got a babysitter on Saturday night. David and I really can't remember the last time we had a sitter for a night out. We also had nothing particular planned.....just wanted to wing it and we both had some high hopes for the evening. What did we do??? We ended up realizing that we are OLD fuddy duddies!

We decided that we wanted something somewhat casual yet nice to eat. David (what a great hubby) said he didn't want to go to a nice restaurant because I have been making such great meals lately that we would end up spending $100 for dinner and he'd be disappointed because the food wouldn't be as good as what I make. So we decided to try the Empire Grill in North Buffalo. I have to say, I felt like a picky old lady (NO - I didn't complain to wait staff, in case you were wondering. It was more my own personal taste rather than the restaurant itself). I ordered a tomato sandwich with fresh mozzarella, basil and walnut was blah. I like this type of sandwich but the walnut pesto was blah. I ended up switching out the contents of my sandwich onto the yummy garlic bread that was given before our meal. And another reason I felt like an old lady was I was cold the entire time we were at the restaurant.

After dinner, David and I had no plans. We went downtown to go to Spot Coffee. There was no parking anywhere nearby. So I wouldn't freeze, we ended up going to Starbucks for coffee and dessert (Starbucks lot had open parking). I was freezing in there too so we quickly ate our dessert and took our coffees to go. Okay, that didn't work out the way we hoped either......Next, just because we were never there and we were nosy, we stopped in to the casino in downtown Buffalo. All I have to say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHA......what a joke! That was the most depressing place I ever saw. We were there all of 5 minutes.

Now, the old folks were just plain tired. We realized that with a babysitter at home we just couldn't be as spontaneous as we used to be. It was now about 10pm and we were ready to go home but we felt we couldn't go home yet because we made the effort to get a sitter so we ended up trying to find someplace to waste time. We ended up browsing at a Barnes and Noble because they were open until 11pm (and I froze there too) David and I pretty much laughed at what a pathetic date night we were having (although we were enjoying being pathetic together). After getting home David and I hopped into the hot tub and it felt soooo good because it was the first time I was warm all night.

On Sunday, I guess I now realized why I was cold all night the night before. Madeline has been fighting a cold (going back to school brings home all kinds of lovely germs) and now I picked up whatever bug Madeline had. Despite our having to try to complete the closing of our pool (which we still did), both Madeline and I felt pretty crappy. I had planned steaks on the grill for dinner and ended up coming to the table wrapped in a blanket, had 3 bites and decided I was going to bed (soooooo not like me). Both Madeline and I were in bed by 7:30pm. Aside from getting up a couple times during the night to medicate Madeline and me, we both slept until after 9am. Needless to say, we are having a very lazy day today so that we will be well enough to road trip it to visit Margaret on Thursday.


Paul E. Poo said...

Stara babcia

Kelly said...

I didn't know you were going on a road trip to see Margaret. that should be fun!!

Amy said...

Just decided today :-)

Amy said...

By the way....if I were single and strolling the aisles of Barnes and Noble and came across tat sexy guy, I'd try to pick him up. Awwwww.....isn't that a good picture of David????

Whimsical Creations said...

LOL, old fuddy duddy. Hope you are feeling better. Have fun on your road trip.