Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fundraisers....ALREADY!!

Madeline started her second week of Pre-School today. I have to say that it appears to be going very well. She seems to love it, the teacher says things are going great, Madeline was in a very happy mood when I picked her up, she seemed excited about her day and Madeline's speech teacher and I both feel as though Madeline already improved on her speech in the short amount of time since Madeline started school. What else could you ask for, right?

However....I didn't even think about*this* aspect of sending Madeline to school. Enclosed in Madeline's take home folder from school was the chocolate catalog for her school's fundraiser. "UGH!!!! You gotta be kidding me!", I thought. At least when the kids are a little older they can call people to beg for sales themselves. But at age three, who is really doing the selling???? And since Madeline is new to the school I don't just want to ignore the fundraiser completely. Since the fundraiser catalog is for Easter candies I guess I'll just ask the Easter bunny to shop through Madeline's school. So here is the spiel.....If you would like to support a fundraiser to benefit Madeline's school (and plan to see me before Easter) let me know if you are in need of chocolate.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to, BUT Hailey does the same fundraiser. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

I'll buy the ones that are zero Weight Watcher's points!! ;-D

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the next 15 years. So many times I just wished I could cut them a check. Some stuff was easy to sell. The big candy bars - I just put them out at work and a couple of days later, two or three boxes were gone. Easy. Later, when my kids were older and could go out hawking stuff on their own, I made them do it. I said: "Popcorn sales go directly into your Boy Scout account to offset camp expenses. Here's the deal. Camp costs $X. I'll pay $Y. You have to come up with the difference one way or the other. Either out of your allowance, or by selling popcorn." Etc.