Monday, January 5, 2009

Miscellaneous updates


*Madeline's school supplies are packed and ready to go. She knows that school is tomorrow and seems excited. Mama-Dirtyfoot has done her best to get her excited, yet on the inside I am a bit sad about the entire transition.

*I survived my first day of dieting. I stayed on track all day. I guess I never realized how much I nibble throughout the day. Without the ability to do that, I was pretty hungry at times today. I stayed on track and was actually able to have a popcorn snack after dinner.

*As per my request, David hid the scale so that I can't weigh myself until Monday.

*I got three new friends on Facebook today.

*My laundry has sex in the closet. Why do I say that? Every time I open my closet door, the laundry in the hamper has multiplied. (They have gotten quite lucky this holiday season)

*Although it feels like winter will never end, I was happy to realize that the days are already getting longer.

*I am annoyed at Santa for dumping all those toys at my house. Now I have to find somewhere to put them. WHAT was he thinking???

*I started Christmas shopping for next year.

*My friend Kelly and I are in need of a haircut....our friend Andrea is checking her schedule to hook us up!

*I need a pedicure!!! My scaly feet are snagging the sheets.

*Madeline is getting our warped sense of humor. She can make us laugh!

*We just got home from Indiana on 12/30 but I am ready to travel again.

*Just curious, God.....if I can't get pregnant, why the heck do I have to deal with periods?

*I am not reading the book that I started (and say I am reading on my blog). I think I might start a different book soon.

*Kelly and I are going to see "Secret Life of Bees" on Wednesday. We both read the book.

*David and I want to see "Marley and Me" together because we read the book together.

* I want to see "Tale of Desperaux" because I *loved* reading that to my students each year.

*I am going to a MOMS night out (post)holiday party on Friday.....sigh, my first true test for my diet.

*I forgot I ate asparagus at dinner.....until I peed (ugh!)

*I am budgeting in (with my points) to go to McDonald's tomorrow so that I can take Madeline to lunch after her first day of Pre-School.

*I am thrilled with the response I am receiving for the St Gerard's reunion (by the way, for those interested the tentative date is May 2nd)

*My secret dream is to be in a play/musical in community theatre but I wont try-out because I am afraid of failure.

*I am so happy that my friends/family follow my miscellaneous ramblings on this blog.

*I am so blessed in many ways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pick a time Saturday or Sunday to see Marley and Me - drop Maddie off with us and go. I am serious. then when you return from the movie we can play some Wii.

Amy said...

Hmmmmmm......sounds delightful!