Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Movie Night

I read "The Secret Life of Bees" after my sister, Marysia recommended it. Since her recommendation, I read the book as did my sister, Margaret, and my friends Jen and Kelly. Each one of us enjoyed the book. Kelly and I decided to see the movie while it was still up at the theatres. In general, the movie held true to the book. I guess if I hadn't read the book, I would have thought that the movie was okay yet both Kelly and I felt that the movie fell short. No producers, directors or actresses can do a better job than your own imagination.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the movie was pretty good, although I wonder if I would have liked it as much if I hadn't read and enjoyed the book so much. I thought the actresses did a good job, although I had imagined the characters played by Jennifer Hudson and Queen Latifah to be older. I also thought August would be much thinner.

Amy said...

I agree. I pictured Jennifer Hudson's character to be older and fatter. I also pictured all of the other ladies to be older. I pictured the "church ladies" to be more flamboyant. And I pictured T.J. to be more stalky.