Thursday, March 19, 2009

High School Reunion

Ok, ok, ok.....I KNOW! What a dorky picture of me (I am front and center). This picture is taken at my 16th birthday party in1986. I have no idea what we were doing here - probably just being goofy teenage girls. I have always kept in touch through Christmas & birthday cards with my grade school/high school friend Tina (on right) but I lost contact with the other girls in the photo. Through the wonders of Facebook, I have reconnected with soooo many friends from the my past and as a result, tonight I went out to dinner with the other two girls in the photo. I have not seen Mary (on the left) since high school (we graduated in 1988). Also, the last time I saw Margerita (in yellow) was at our 10 year high school reunion. We met for dinner tonight at a new restaurant in downtown Buffalo called Encore. It was nice to reconnect. On one hand, it seemed as though a life time has passed....in actuality, much has happened to all of us in 20 years but in many ways it seems as though no time has passed. Unfortunately, we were on our way out before we realized that we did not take a current picture. Hopefully we'll get a chance to do this again soon! Like I said, none of this could've happened without the help of Facebook. In fact, in addition to my high school friends, I have also reconnected with friends from grade school and friends from my childhood neighborhood. So, for those that have been resistant to joining the buzz on Facebook, don't delay. It's not just for the young Gen-Y twenty-somethings!! However, beware.....you may get addicted!

No comments: