Monday, March 2, 2009

Making Progress

Madeline did better yesterday. We ventured out of the house for a little bit yesterday and she was pretty much pooped and ready for a nap when we got home, but in general she was better. She is still dealing with boogies (or as Madeline would say, "NO-gies") but that is a side effect that they told us might hang around for a couple of weeks. My friend Kelly warned me from personal experience with her daughter that the recovery from adenoidectomy is brutal. It pretty much has been but I am wondering if Madeline's symptoms were simply from having her adenoids removed or if she had caught something on top of everything else. The reason I am saying this is because now I am feeling crappy with a sore throat, ear ache and last night I had the chills (and I just got over a little bug!)

Last night Madeline woke up once during the middle of the night because her top sheet wasn't the way she wanted it....*sigh*, I'll have to break her of this when she is feeling 100%! I felt to see if she was warm and she was not so I did not give her Tylenol at that time. She ended up sleeping in until 9:30 and I checked her temperature at that time and she still did not have a fever, so that is good news.

Today we are laying low and relaxing. We'll probably have a movie-filled, PJ-wearing day. I really think that Madeline will be okay to travel tomorrow.....the question is will I?

No comments: