Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you Mother's out there. But....I AM ASKING EACH OF YOU to say a little prayer for the mothers in waiting. I am not talking about expectant mothers but rather the women who are waiting to become moms and are, for whatever reason, having a difficult time obtaining this dream. Before Madeline, for about nine years, Mother's Day was one of the most difficult days of the year for me. Unless you have personally experienced the pain of infertility it will be difficult to fully understand the degree of pain that is felt. Madeline has wiped this all away for us and without a doubt, although I did not physically birth her, I am her mommy. I have been blessed to have this void filled for me however, there are many mothers in waiting out there. Please take a second to say a quick prayer for them today to ask God to grant them peace and hope today.

2 comments:

Marysia said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Patti said...

Well said. Infertility, otherwise known as unexplained secondary infertility in my situation, was always hard for me in that I couldn't understand why God wouldn't want us to have another child. Although we have moved on from that, I still remember the heartache all too well. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!