Saturday, December 13, 2008

Arranged Marriage

Happy Birthday to my future son-in-law..... Today we went to my friend Kelly's son's (Owen) 1st birthday party (His birthday is actually tomorrow). When we vacationed together in June, Kelly and I decided that our kids will end up getting married. Kelly and I had many laughs over this idea. For example, I promised to teach Madeline how to cook if Kelly promised to send Owen to medical school. Also, Owen has slimmed down a lot, but before Owen started walking he used to be a big baby. Kelly would joke about promising that Owen would loose his "man boobs" before the wedding day. And Kelly and I both had some good chuckles about what would happen if our adult children, Madeline/Owen, would come to us griping about their mother-in-law?

Far fetched? Hmmmmm.......I don't know. Ever since our vacation, Madeline has been completely obsessed with Owen. She named her baby doll "Baby Owen" and every baby she sees is "Baby Owen". After the party, David, Madeline and I went back to Kelly's house for a little while. Madeline got a hoot out of playing with Owen, and gave him a big hug before we left.

But, Mr. Birthday boy.....here are the rules:
-Enjoy the hug she gave you this evening. Once you get a little older, physical contact will not be encouraged until the wedding night.
-Don't even think of bringing Madeline home late for curfew on future date nights.
-Do not break her heart.
-Be nice to your mother-in-law.

As long as that is clear......welcome to the family :-)
Happy 1st birthday Owen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is funny, yet strange, to sit here and watch Owen play with all his new toys and think about him being a husband one day. As for mother-in-laws, I think you would make a great one Amy. Just don't give my son a hard time....HA HA HA!!

Anonymous said...

That is my post Amy, forgot to add my name!

Amy said...

Like demanding that Sunday dinners be at *my* house?
Oh, by the way Kelly, I call dibs on the holidays (ALL of them). €:-)