Monday, December 15, 2008

TOoooo busy......TOoooo stressed

First of all, with regard to this picture, whoever discovered the coincidence in the spelling of "stressed" and "desserts" had too much time on their hands!

Since Thanksgiving, I have been on the run. Travel for Thanksgiving, travel to Marysia's, Christmas shopping, Christmas parties, Play groups, dance lessons, swim lessons, music class, St. Gerard's reunion planning, etc, etc, etc. It's no wonder my house looks like it does! (That last sentence is code for, "If anyone comes over unannounced I might just die") What kills me is I gripe about how busy I am with something but then once one project raps up I take on another uber-load of work in another project......and then I once again gripe about how busy I am. What's wrong with me? Did you ever feel like you are so busy that, because you are limited on time, you do a little bit of everything......but it feels like everything you do is half-assed? Yep, that's where I am. (Although I do seem to be able to find time for those above mentioned desserts......and the scale goes up, up, up. Anyone want to do a Weight Watchers challenge after Christmas?)

I decided to write this entry early today, time it to post in the evening, and enjoy a nice relaxing evening catching up on miscellaneous stuff. I think I make some breaded pork chops (I know they can';t possible compete with yours Marysia), do some laundry, straighten the house, wrap some gifts, and maybe sit back by the Christmas tree with David and sip some egg nog......ahhhhh I feel more relaxed just thinking about it.

2 comments:

Patti said...

I'm with you on the stress thing! Today it hit me that on Saturday we are celebrating Christmas on Matt's side of the family. Guess what? I have done no baking! We ran to the store and I bought tons of sugar, flour, sprinkles, etc. And as I passed the eggnog on the shelf, it called out my name and I thought of you as I put it in the shopping cart. BTW, thanks for the suggestion about Kindermusik - I'll have to check that out.

Amy said...

Patti - Let's have a cyber-toast with our eggnog.

CHEERS!! Merry Christmas!