Thursday, December 4, 2008

Marysia's House - Day Two

First, let me back up to last evening and point out the perfect Maddie-sized princess backpack that Marysia gave Madeline. Madeline loved it! As you can see, she was wearing it with her pj's and wanted to wear it after she got dressed in the morning. It was perfect to take along on today's shopping excursion. I stocked it with snacks and some of her toys.

We got a good start to our shopping this afternoon and Madeline was a true trooper! To treat Madeline, I took her on a carousel that was in the mall. It was one of those carousels that not only had horses but also had those round seats with the spinning wheel in the center (like the tea cups in Disney). No big deal, I thought because I did well in Disney. I figured I would just spin slowly. However, another little girl at the mall decided to barge onto the carousel seat with us and this girl only had spinning on the mind. Madeline was having a ball.....Mama was not enjoying it too much. Luckily the ride stopped before I got sick, but I did have to step outside for some fresh air after that. *Sigh* I am getting old!

Marysia and I also came across the HUGEST pair of men's underwear while shopping at JCPenney's. They were on the clearance rack for 99 cents. We decided that it would be pretty funny to give to someone as a joke gift. Madeline saw them and said, "Undies! BIG undies! Mama undies!" and she proceeded to make up an undie song. Okay, I know I need to loose weight.....but come on! These undies were so big that Madeline was holding them across her lap like a blanket while in her stroller. We showed Marysia's kids the undies when we got home and had a good giggle. The girls decided to try them on (see below). Yes, all three of them are in the undies. Marysia's husband Mike had somewhere to go this evening. Marysia decided to wrap up the undies in a pretty gift bag and she'll present him with it when he gets home. It'll be funny to watch as Marysia says, "Here honey, I picked you up something while we were out shopping today"

The next stop for the underwear will go to one of Marysia's neighbor friends. Every year they go to this neighbor's with a bunch of other friends on Christmas Eve Evening. The plan is to wrap up the undies from "Santa" and, without anyone else seeing, simply place the "gift" under the tree. When the neighbor opens gifts the next morning, no one will know where they came from or who the generous Santa was.

Yeah, childish.....but it is known that each of the receivers will appreciate the humor in the fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture could not be any funnier! I think I could wet my pants from laughing so hard.

Amy said...

We've been having a lot of fun for them. And if Marysia decides not pass along the undies, the material alone could make a quilt!