Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Plecionka.....check

I really DIDN'T burn it! This picture makes it look like I burnt the bread but I really didn't. It came out perfectly (or maybe I should say that *after* I taste it tomorrow). The plecionka, for those of you who do not know, is a braided bread that represents the Baby Jesus wrapped in swaddling clothes. Today was my first attempt at making it and I am pleased.....so far.

I also baked two more kinds of cookies tonight. I am bummed because I wanted to make another type of cookie but it just got too late and I just got too tired. I should have started this a week ago! Why is it that I have 4 types of cookies for a family of 3 but feel like I failed because I didn't make all that I had set out to make? My goal of 5 types of cookies was even light compared to what I have done (7) in years past. I kept trying to tell myself that if I would've made that 5th type of cookie I would've then been complaining about how I was EATING all those cookies....but no, at midnight I had a mini-meltdown. I think I am over tired. Time to get some sleep....

No comments: