Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Am I Creating a Shopaholic?

Take one guess what we did today... yes, more shopping! Actually, I was on the hunt of another valance for my living room. I, by chance, found a color that perfectly matched what I am looking for at Big Lots. They only had three but I think I will need four. Madeline and I covered Western New York to get to 5 different Big Lots but had no luck. Madeline was a trooper today. She completed the shopping mission after getting two shots at the doctors AND wearing big girl undies which I had pre-stocked at home (yes, Mama-Dirtyfoot was feeling ambitious). We were out from about 9:30am until 3:30 pm without an accident. Of course, every new stop included a potty break. While out, Madeline picked out her own big girl undies (Littlest Pet Shop and Hello Kitty). Now if only I can get her to tell me when she has to go instead of me telling her!

While shopping we spent time looking at the shelves of those silly mechanical Christmas things. Madeline (and Mama-Dirtyfoot) were having a ball setting them all off. Normally Christmas displays before Halloween would make me crazy, but it is not bothering me this year. I guess because I am looking forward to the season so much. Things are really starting to "click" for Madeline so I am really excited about getting her prepped for the season.

3 comments:

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

HI!!! Your blog looks great! My daughter thinks the shoe section is the toy section. =P

=) melanie

Amy said...

Hey Melanie!! Glad you stopped by to check out the blog. We need to get our girls together for a shopping trip. Madeline LOVES shoes too.

Anonymous said...

the video is pretty funny.