Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Spa Day

If you remember, Madeline left Russia with a beautiful "bowl cut" orphanage hair-do. As it grew, it evolved into what I affectionately called her Russian-mullet. Gradually, Madeline's hair grew out and Mama-Dirtyfoot trimmed up bangs and "evened" out layers as best as I could. I think I was doing a pretty decent job but it was time to call in a professional. I would occasionally drive by a Kids cut place and wonder about it. What the heck, they probably have smaller sized chairs and brightly colored capes. So, Madeline and I gave it a shot. The place was pretty cool. The waiting area had all kinds of Little Tykes toys. Madeline made a beeline for a car that she cruised around in until it was her turn. Yes, they had brightly colored capes, but the cutting chairs were like mini animals (like the ones on the merry-go-rounds that are outside supermarkets). Madeline got to pick out a video to watch while getting a cut (she chose a Barbie video). She was very good during the cut and really enjoyed getting her hair blown dry. Afterwards she was able to pick out her own barrette. I have also included a "during" and an "after" shot. I think Mama-Dirtyfoot will trim Madeline up the next few times she needs it but I would definitely go there again when she is in need of another "Spa Day". The only problem is trying to get Madeline off the toys in order to leave.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She really looks cute with the new hair cut, but is adorable no matter what hair looks like...of course I am just a little prejudiced.
Hope I got this blog thing straightend out.. If this goes through you know I did.

Anonymous said...

she is starting to look more and more like a little girl :(