Monday, October 13, 2008

Buffalo's October Storm of 2006



It has been two years since Buffalonians woke up to the damage left behind from our surprise October storm. That is, you awoke to it only if you slept through the sounds of trees crashing and transformers exploding. I remember this well because my sister, Margaret, who lives in Ohio, was stranded in Buffalo with her two kids while visiting my mom. The next day, my sister, niece, nephew and mom spent the night at my house as much of the Buffalo region was without power and therefore without heat. David and I escaped most of the snow and electrical outages. Margaret and her kids left town the next day while my mom stayed on at my house until she regained power (almost a week). Today, 2008, two years later, my mom has since passed, her house has sold, we have a great daughter, and the weather in Buffalo was a picture perfect sunshiny day in the upper 70's. What a difference two years can make!

No comments: