Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dress Rehearsal

A couple weeks ago, I had a few of my girlfriends over to the house. In preparing for their visit, I had put out all my Fall and Halloween decorations. On the table, among other treats, I placed my bowl of trick or treat candies. My friends complimented me on my will power. I was told that they would never bring Halloween candy into their house so early as they would devour it. I believe one of my friends said that the candy would end up calling to them in the middle of the night! No, No, I assured them that it really didn't tempt me. I spoke too soon!

My friend Andrea got Madeline to "practice" trick or treating. Andrea closed herself in the bathroom and Madeline knocked on the door. Andrea opened the door and Madeline had to say "Trick or Treat" in order to get a piece of candy. Now, each night after dinner Madeline gets a piece of "trick or treaters" as dessert. Of course, Mama and Papa have to have some too. To no surprise, I had to get some replacement candy (what was I thinking?!?!?!). As you can see, the bowl is emptying again! I guess now I know why stores put out the Halloween treats around Labor Day. Yes, that's right, for fools like me. This will be the third time I will be stocking up. I will now wait until Halloween day for my next stroll down the candy isle.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you so!!!

Amy said...

The absolute best are the Nestle Crunch Bars that are waffers....Mmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

I am on my third candy shopping spree. Aunt Sue

Amy said...

It's a terrible thing! And then I am going to bring MORE candy in the house when Madeline brings her full trick or treat bucket home?!?! Not to mention, I see Christmas cookies on the horizon.