Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Now I Know Why I Hate to Clean

*$@%! Another reason I hate to clean....I make more of a mess doing it! I often joke that "dust" is a noun in my house not a verb. But today I decided to be a good stay-at-home mom and be productive. I just finished dusting everything in my living room. My plan was to vacuum the furniture before vacuuming the carpet. As I was vacuuming the love seat with the fancy attachments I began to smell a terrible smell. Upon further investigation I found that the actual vacuum section sucked up the ruffle portion of a throw pillow. It is obvious that I busted the belt on the vacuum as the whole house now smells like burnt rubber. Furthermore, with the pillow lodged in the vacuum, the dust that the vacuum previously sucked up began spewing into the air throughout my just dusted living room. May I repeat, *$@%!. Off to the hardware store to get a new belt because I certainly can't leave the house in this condition. And let me tell you, that you pretty much have to disassemble the entire vacuum to replace the belt. Then it's back to square one! It would've been easier if I just hadn't attempted :-)

2 comments:

Patti said...

Too funny! I've never had a run-in with my vacuum cleaner before. Are you sure you just didn't rig it up to break? Just teasing. I don't like to clean either.

Amy said...

Patti, A good friend of mine emailed me after reading this post. She told me the following:

"In the future, you might want
to try what I do. Let your house go on a fairly consistent basis, so he (David) get's used to not expecting too much from you, then just sweep a floor or two, spray air freshener, splash a dose of Windex on yourself and make sure
you LOOK exhausted when your husband comes home.That usually works for me."

I was practically rolling on the floor when I read that.