Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ugh!!!!! It's Official.

I ran out to the store this evening, not wanting to do so because it was raining. Wait....is that rain leaving white flecks on my jacket? No, can't be! Ugh!!! Yes, it is! It's official. The first official snow sighting here in the Buffalo, New York area. Sigh.... In honor of the first flakes, I decided to write a haiku. (Why would I do this? I think haiku is the most ridiculous form of poetry, but here goes)
Snow drifts from above,
blankets anticipation,
of tulips below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But it is a true haiku. It has a seasonal reference. It's also a very sexy haiku, what with all that double entendre going on in the second and third lines. Is there something I'm missing in the first?

Amy said...

Double entendre? Wow! Your mind is in the gutter. But now that I read it, I am laughing out loud. I guess I am a better poet than I thought. Either that or just a sex godess :-)