Thursday, June 18, 2009

Love, Family and Big Business

Other than my "This Date in History" posts, I thought I would take a moment to catch y'all up on everything that is going on here.

Hmmmmm....let's see...yesterday, David and I had a meeting to apply for the mortgage on the house we our buying. Since I had no desire to wrangle our dear 3yr old while trying to conduct business, we decided to kill two birds with one stone. We (a) got a babysitter so that we were kid-free for our mortgage meeting and then (b) decided to take this opportunity to head out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary (although it is not until Saturday). We had a yummy dinner overlooking the water at the Creekview Restaurant.

About an hour after we got home, my brother Paul arrived from Kentucky. Paul, one of his daughter's - Becky, and Becky's boyfriend, Zac are here visiting with us until Sunday. David had to head up to bed because he had to get up early for work today but Paul, Becky, Zac and I stayed up until 2:30am (way past my bedtime). It was so nice to shoot the breeze and also to get to know Becky's boyfriend.....he seems like a really nice guy. Luckily, Madeline slept in this morning (especially since Paul and I had a little bit of wine). Also, Madeline is loving life right now because while we have visitors, Becky is sleeping in Madeline's room.....which means Madeline gets to sleep in bed with Mama and Papa. This is a total treat for her as we don't normally allow this.

Today, the weather in Buffalo has been pretty crappy - cold and rainy. Paul, Becky and Zac decided to head into Buffalo and explore the Albright-Knox Art Gallery and head over to the Anchor Bar (the place where Buffalo Wings originated). I figured the Art Gallery might be a difficult task with Madeline so I stayed back to shop for David's Father's Day gift......I can't wait to give it!!! Tonight, Paul insisted that he wanted to make dinner for us tonight. What a nice treat!!! I will keep you posted on the rest of the visit.....

No comments: