Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Multicultural Days....

First off, this photo doesn't exactly fit my story but I wanted to share. Madeline and I took advantage of an award coupon for a free Jr. Frosty for a reward from the library's summer reading program. Geez, she has a lot of attitude for that little body :-)

Next, today Madeline commented for the first time on ethnic differences and I just about died. Luckily it was in the privacy of our own home. Our next door neighbor adopted a girl from Korea, and she would therefore, obviously, have Asian features. Madeline and the neighbor girl play together somewhat regularly. This afternoon, Mama-Dirtyfoot wanted to get some packing for the move done so I plugged in the movie, Mulan. Yep.....you know where this is going, don't you?

As I am packing up china (how ironic) Madeline is commenting on what she is watching. All of a sudden Madeline says, "Mama, like Hannah!" I didn't want to assume I knew what she was talking about so I asked, "What's like Hannah?" Madeline replied, "Mulan like Hannah." Mama responded, "Yes, that's right. They do look alike." My only hope is that she doesn't start calling Hannah, "Mulan" next time they are out playing together!

No comments: